Friday 23 November 2007

HotM 10 - Quick and Easy

HOTM

I know this is a bit early but I really think we have to change the dates a little this month too. Michelle posted her excellent roundup days ago, you can find it here and here, so that those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving could use the recipes and now I have decided to change the submission date for this round too, I will follow in Michelle's steps putting the last entry date on the 18th but this time on the 18th of December instead of the usual 22nd. I do this for two reasons, one is because of Christmas, no one will check out the roundup during or after Christmas (ouch see what a Christian chauvinist I am, just deciding that everyone of you are celebrating Christmas...) and the other is Christmas, maybe you need to some really quick and easy recipes those last days before Christmas because this time the HotM theme is Quick and Easy. But healthy. For those of us who celebrate Christmas, religious or not, December must be one of the most stressful months of the year. I feel the pressure despite the fact that I really have stopped to do a lot of the things I used to do and I imagine that I'm not alone in this. So we need at least food that is quick and easy to prepare, don't we? (And with quick I mean anything that is quick to make or even quick to prepare but then takes long to make, like a stew that needs many hours to cook but is quick to prepare and don't need much attention while it cooks just to mention an example) But, and here's the but, we need healthy food especially with the prospect of eating all that heavy Christmas food and this is where you come into the picture! Send me your recipes of your favourite heart healthy fast food and I will include it in the roundup that I really will try to post the 19th of December, the 20ieth at the latest. Heart healthy food means less fat, especially animal fat (use lean meat, no butter, low fat (under 5%) dairy products, preferably no egg yolks etc), less sat and sugar. Check out here for more details.
I'm sure you will be able to come up with a lot of interesting dishes, if you have some old favourites, feel free to repost and re-propose the recipe for us, all you have to do is to link to either Lucullian or the HotM blog so that your readers can click on to know more about it and send me the link at luculliandelights AT gmail DOT com before midnight the 18th of December (GMT+1 that is). Remember that this is a one entry event and that you can participate even if you don't have your own blog, send me your recipe and I will post it for you on the HotM blog!

1 comment:

DK said...

Entry sent..Hope u got it :)