Wednesday 4 June 2008

June is the Heart Healthy Salad Month

It's time to announce the theme for this month's The Heart of the Matter; we (me, Joanna and Michelle) have tried to choose a theme that is inspiring for both hemispheres, something that we all make all year round even though we might make it more during the summer because it feels right when it is hot. But then I think a lot of us make them when it is cold just to get some comfort out of it because salads are just so versatile to fill about every need all year round. I might make a light one in summer and a more substantial one in the autumn because my needs are different depending on the climate. So yes, I want you to make heart healthy salads this months, one/complete meal ones, side dish ones, dessert ones, whatever you come up with as long as they are heart healthy (i.e. in short low fat, possibly no animal fat, lean meat, less sugar and less salt). Let the produce of the season inspire you and create/cook up (well do you really cook salads? sounds funny! maybe I should say compose...) a salad that you want to share with us! Send me the perma link to your blog post (or if you don't have a blog but would like to participate anyway, tell me and we can arrange to post it on the HotM blog for you!) to luculliandelights AT gmail DOT com with HotM as the subject. I would like to have your entries not later than the 29th of June. Add a link to my blog and tell your readers that you are participating in the HotM, in this way they too have the chance to participate if they want to! As always we ask that this please be a single event entry (please don’t use your post for other events so that way we can keep things centred on healthy heart awareness) If you want to know more about what heart healthy means, check here, here and here. I am looking forward to see what you come up with!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: