Friday 3 October 2008

The Heart of the Matter -October is Yellow and Orange

HOTM

This month it is my turn to host HotM and I even get to choose a colour because this month whatever you make has to be colourful! I have chosen yellow-orange, I know it's two colours really but I find that there's a thin borderline between yellow and orange and I don't want to find myself in the situation of having to say no because an entry is not yellow enough. (Just excuses to cover up that I like yellow-orangy food things!) So now you have until the end of the 29th of October to cook yellow or orange (or both) heart healthy food, there are so many things to choose from, pumpkins, winter squashes, yellow apples, carrots, corn, apricots well, you can make starters, finger food, dessert, main courses, whatever tickles your mind! Either the main ingredient is yellow or orange or the final dish, I am not fussy about that but I am fussy about it being heart healthy though, i.e.not too much fat, possibly no animal fat, lean meat, less sugar and less salt. If you need to read up on what types of ingredients that are considered heart healthy, check here, here and here. As always we ask that this please be a single event entry (please don’t use your post for other events so that way we can keep things centred on healthy heart awareness), and remember to link to event so that we make more people aware of it's existence. Please send me the link to your entry, the name of the dish and your name as well to me at luculliandelights AT gmail DOT com before your midnight on the 29th of October! Any questions?


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think this is a great theme for October, Ilva! LOVE the color (perfect for Halloween over here!)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Ilva,

Just sent you my entry.