Saturday 1 March 2008

HotM #13 Party Food

This month The Heart of the Matter - eating for life turns 1 year! For one whole year we have month after month been collecting heart healthy recipes at the HotM blog and with we I mean Joanna of Joanna's Food, Michelle of The Accidental Scientist and me but above all I mean you, all of you who have been participating! Thank You! We have done finger food, desserts, soups, pasta dishes, vegetables, fish and baking just to mention a few of the themes of the roundups this past year and here at the The Heart of The Matter blog you can go through all twelve of them whenever you need a heart healthy recipe. I'm sure you will find something over there, there are about 220 recipes collected and we hope they will continue to increase month by month!
One of the aims of this event is to show that eating heart healthy doesn't mean eating boring and I think that each and every recipe that has been submitted prove this. The event is aimed at all of us, not only for those of you who because of health reasons are obliged to eat heart healthy but also for those of us who are fortunate enough not to be restricted to a special diet; we all know how fickle life is so I think that eating heart healthy should become more of a rule than a exception. Don't you? So here we are with the first HotM anniversary and with Easter approaching so what else could we choose for the theme if not Party Food? We want you to send in the recipes of the food you would choose to serve at a party for Easter, food to eat together with others, the special food you want to share with your friends and your family on special occasions and because you love and like them the food is not only special, no it's also heart healthy! So you can send in recipes of almost anything as long as it is heart healthy, i.e. low in animal fat (lean meat, no butter, low fat dairy products etc.), no trans fat/hydrogenated fat, not too salty, not too sweet. If you need to know more, Joanna's got a post with basic rules that you might find useful. Send me (luculliandelights AT gmail DOT com) your entries before midnight the 19th of March and I'll do my very best to have the roundup posted the day after, Thursday 20th of March so that you have time to browse through the recipes to see if there's something you could make for your Easter feast or some other upcoming party! Link to the event so that we can spread some heart healthy awareness and remember that this is a single entry event so please don’t use your post for other events as we want things centred on the heart healthy aspect!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

LisaRene said...

I had "stew block" for the last roundup but I'm certain I can get creative for this one. Look forward to participating!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com